Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Without the music...

I think the most annoying thing I have ever heard while at the movies was, "I can't hear what they're saying because the music is too loud. You can't hear them talk for christ sake!" Well, can't hear what they're saying because you're speaking over them, you rude/obnoxious individual... Anywho... I'm sure you all have wondered what movies, musicals, or even songs would be like (more so what the world would be like) without music. No need to go into detail what would happen, that is for you to decide. We all went over the script, without the music; Table work. I always wondered what this musical would be like if we didn't have music to accompany us. Well, it wouldn't be a musical it would be a play. However, we all did get a glimpse while we did the table work. Despite that, is it enough though? To just make a play and throw in tunes here and there to fit certain emotions of certain scenes? Voila? A musical is born? Is that all a musical really is? Oh I beg to differ on that. Even if a scene was performed so resplendent, so beautiful, so magnificent- why isn't it enough to some people? With the music... Why isn't it enough?

I actually think it IS because of the music. Remember though, what music links to. What we ALLOW the music to link to. Allowance... And I don't think this means just simply letting the music flow through you. That isn't the meaning of music. To me that is. It's like an army of men trying to fit in a small room. With an army of men you can build or you can destroy. DESTROY the walls and build a bigger space. But first allowance. Allow the music to fill you, destroy those walls and help you grow. I don't want to sound cheesy, but this is what music is to me. (But there are a lot of meanings of what music can be) Music, I believe does have the power to build or destroy. Both to me being of positive influence.

 If I never came across music the way I do today, I would not be the person that I am. I would have never experienced playing the violin, being in choirs as a child, going to a university for music, and I certainly would have never been a part of this musical that we are all in. Music has led me on a path that was my duty to keep building on. Music has also led me on a path that helped me destroy walls that blocked that path...

Music is also what specifically connects to certain emotions whether it's a musical or a movie. I believe we actually have the power to pull this off without music though. We never really need music to portray works of art such as RENT. I don't know if you believe that we do or not. I do. But there IS music. And I love all of it. I believe music is there to build our curiosities and destroy what we think the outcome should be to us. It builds all kinds of possibilities and wonders, and destroys the distractions of inner battles. Builds a foundation to watch and listen, in doing so destroys forgetfulness. Without the music, what would all these things mean to you? What would anything mean to us? Without the music...

No comments:

Post a Comment